Friday, November 27, 2015

Scarf display

I need something to display my scarves. Here is my quick and dirty tutorial. Let us begin.
Concrete for the base.
Cardboard box, duh.
Using a hanger for the approximate size of the stand
My husband is forcing me to be technical in my tracing
Lines are drawn and ready for cutting
Draw on both sides, use the natural edge of the box for easy construction
Cut, cut, cut!
Here it is: cut out and ready for glueing
But wait! I need a hole for the dowel
Here is the hole - perfectly centered
Now fold together and tape.
Plug in glue gun. It will get used!
Felt to cover the fact that this is cardboard.
Fancy end seams - so professional
Properly felted
Stick dowel in base to puncture through, do not glue
Add cement to pot, add water and mix
Add dowel and then push the floral foam to the bottom of the pot
I did this in the wash basin, in case of leakage
Add top, tulle and fabric to cover the base - voila!
As always, may you find comfort in your life and leave questions below! Want to see what goes on this scarf hanger? Check out and buy my products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment