Friday, July 10, 2015

Replacing zippers


Occasionally the zipper in something your very comfortable with dies and needs to be fixed. When fixing is not an option you'll need to Replace the Zipper. It's not as scary as it sounds... 


Step 1  remove the zipper first 



Step 2 measure the zipper


Step 3  with that measurement (I took it with me to match the color and size exactly) head to the store 










Step 4 Unzip the new zipper and work with one side at a time.









Tip: When trying to line up the zipper to the old lines in the fabric, pin it in place then using your zipper foot stich each side separately taking pins out afterwards

Ta da!
Obviously this seems a lot easier than you think, the good thing is to try it on an article of clothing that you are okay with letting go. That way if you butcher it completely, you might not get so stressed out when you have to abandon ship. Otherwise feel free to contact me, if you ask nicely I might just replace the zipper for you! Questions, comments? I'd love to hear from you!

May you find comfort in all of your life (I know my son-in-law will in his hoodie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment